Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ellasyn turns ONE!

Well, better late than never.  I am a little behind in my posting.
~ blowing out the candle ~

On July 25th, 2010, Ellasyn celebrated one year of life!  We have had such a whirlwind of a year.  She has kept us on our toes with all of her milestones, sweet babbles and funny faces. 


My parents and sister came up from College Station and my brother's family came down from Melbourne, Arkansas to help us celebrate along with Ethan's family and a few of Ellasyn's friends.  Ellasyn's cousin, Jude, turned one on the 27th so he got to join in the celebrations as well. 

The theme of the party was "It's all about you... cupcake". So, we had cupcakes of all sizes.  Ethan  grilled hot dogs and we also had various veggies, chips and dips.  Ellasyn humored us and tasted the chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting, she was not a big fan at first.  Ethan helped her out and I think she did like it after all. After some picking, and help from his daddy, Jude jumped right in and picked up the whole thing! They went straight to the bath afterwards for a quick rinse.




Ellasyn was a little overwhelmed by all of the company but she enjoyed herself.   She liked watching me unwrap her gifts and playing with the tissue paper or envelopes. She was so worn out from all of the fun, she went right down for nap when it was done.





We had a great time visiting with our family.  Penny, Jude and Ellasyn are great little buddies.  Ellasyn was so excited to see someone her size, she went right over to Jude to give him a kiss and hug... he wasn't so sure about it.  I look forward to watching them grow up together.

~ going in for a kiss ~

~ fun in the ball pit ~



Happy Birthday, Sweet Ellasyn!  I love you so, so much. I can't believe it has been a whole year since we welcomed you into our lives.  You have been an unending source of happiness. You are an amazing blessing to me and our family.  I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you.  It will be something great, I know!! 
I love you ~ Mommie

No comments:

Post a Comment