Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Riding to the Wall

My dad is second from the right... the only one without a beard. :)

My dad is a member of Rolling Thunder... actually he is the president this year.  It is, for lack of better words, a motorcycle club of veterans that support and honor all POWs, MIAs and active and retired service men and women. For Memorial Day, they are participating in the "Ride to the Wall". They are riding the bikes from all over (my dad started in College Station) to the Viet Nam Memorial in Washington DC.  A lo-o-o-o-o-ong ride! It is my dad's first ride like this and he has been so excited about it.  If  anyone is interested in following his journey he has started a blog.

I am so proud of my Dadde!! Not only for his service to our country but also for wanting to join this group, and then act as president!  Now he is off on a two+ week journey to support something he loves and honor those that have fallen protecting our nation's freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment