Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Look what I can do!

Ellasyn had a crazy day yesterday, poor girl. We were having a new HVAC unit installed, so Ellasyn and I got out of the house. We walked the mall a couple times and watched the carousel in the food court while we ate. We went to Target to look around and we bought our McDaniel nephew/cousin-to-be a surprise. When we ran out of places to go and money to spend, we spent some time with Ethan's grandmother, Nanny Susie. With no afternoon nap and being in and out of the car most of the day, Ellasyn was out of sorts, to say the least. Once she finally got home and in her own bed, she slept hard... until 11pm, and after I rocked her back to sleep she slept until 6am. Being a little out of sorts myself, and with no afternoon nap (what?) I was not about to get up for the day at 6am. So, I listened to her play with her bear and jibber jabber for another hour and a half. When I went in to get her out of bed at 7:30, this is what I found...

I guess she has been practicing a new skill set. This explains some of the sleeplessness from yesterday. :)

I was reminded this morning as I read a friend's blog... "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above," James 1:17a

No matter how much sleep, or how little sleep I get, Ellasyn is such an amazing blessing to my life. I cannot imagine living with out her. I love every moment that we are able to spend together... at home in our pjs after a crazy day, walking the mall, rocking her to sleep AgAiN. When I am in the moment, I sometimes forget that I should be soaking it up, making memories and storing them away for when she is in her "terrible twos" or coming in 20 minutes past her curfew. (yikes!)

Thank you, God. Thank you for bringing this baby girl into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment